Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Parris Island Marine Graduation, 11.19.10

So my sister-in-law asked me to be her photographer for her son's graduation from the Marine Corps so she could focus on her little man (who is not so little anymore).  It was actually pretty fun.  It was like shooting for a photojournalism class or newspaper.  I tried to tell stories with my images so she wouldn't have to write anything down.  I have been to Hilton Head several times, but never to Parris Island.  I loved seeing Spanish Moss everywhere.  Aside from the boot camp activities going on where soon to be soldiers were being reprimanded, it was a beautiful place.  There was one poor young man I saw with his go fasters (sneakers) untied and I was nervous he would be yelled at for the malfeasance.  It's where Marines ( and hopefully upstanding young men and women) are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment